For the authors
- Обновлено: 04.07.2019 14:03
- Опубликовано: 19.02.2019 13:44
- Просмотров: 333
- The Journal accepts for consideration manuscripts ranging from 30,000 to 50,000 characters with spaces (roughly 3700 – 6300 words). They should represent the results of independent and original scientific research corresponding with the Journal’s thematic profile. They should reflect the author’s knowledge of the bibliographic context on the analyzed problems and the ability to adequately apply the conventional methodology of setting up and solving scientific problems.
- Submitted manuscript is registered and routed into the editorial cycle provided it corresponds to the Journal’s Thematic Profile, as well as to the Guidelines for Manuscripts.
- If the Journal has accepted a manuscript for consideration, this gives no guarantee that it will be published. All materials are anonymously reviewed by external experts.
The Journal is published online. Access to the materials on the Journal website is opened immediately after the publication of the issue. One can post them on other Internet sites with due reference to the website of the Journal.
- The Journal adheres to a single-blind reviewing policy in which the identity of the reviewers is always concealed. In general, the decision-making process usually takes about two months.
- In the case that the manuscript is declined, the Editor provides its author with a grounded conclusion containing the reasons behind the rejection.
- The Editorial Board does not disclose reviews to authors; they are informed of the peer reviewers’ main conclusions, as well as of the key motives of the decision based on peer reviewers’ statements. As a rule, the decision-making process takes two months, thereafter one of the following four decisions is made: (1) to accept manuscript for publication without further development by author; (2) to accept manuscript for publication after its development by author; (3) to send manuscript for a profound development and then, to reviewers; (4) to reject publication of manuscript.
Guidelines for Manuscripts
1. Format and volume
- Texts for publication must be submitted in doc format.
- If there are illustrations (jpg or png extensions are accepted), they should be numbered and attached as files separately from the text, and the name of the illustration and file name are indicated in the text.
- The recommended volume of the article is 30,000 to 50,000 characters with spaces (roughly 3700 – 6300 words).
2. Title and main text of the article
Title page of the submitted manuscript should contain the following sections in both Russian and English:
- Title of the article;
- Abstract (250-300) words. It should contain the purpose of the study, the summary of the article, and its main conclusions. The abstract serves as an independent analytical text providing an adequate conception of the conducted research without any need to address the main text.
- Keywords or phrases (6-8);
- Information about the author (full name and surname, academic degree, academic title, position, and place of employment with postal code, ORCID, contact e-mail).
The main file of the article should contain: its title, text, footnotes, and a list of references at the end, both in Cyrillic and Latin . This requirement is essential for the anonymous review of all submitted manuscripts.
The authors, if necessary, indicate that the article was prepared with the financial support of an organization or within the framework of a grant.
Bibliography in Cyrillic should be in the format established by the Russian Science Citation Index.
Scientific literature, analytical reports, and articles in scientific editions should be cited in the manuscript’s body using an abbreviated form containing the authors’ surnames, year of publication, and pages. In case of no author indication, the title of the edition should be given instead. References should refer to the corresponding item in the list of references, which contains a complete bibliographic description of the source (see examples).
All other sources should be cited with in-page footnotes.
5. List of references
List of references in Russian and English should be composed alphabetically. They include academic literature, analytical reports and article in academic periodic journals.
References in Russian should contain authors’ first and last names, year of publication, title of the book, place of publication, publishing house.
References to articles published in academic journals should contain authors’ first and last names, year of publication, title of the article, volume and number, page numbers; for Internet publications – URL and date of access.
DOIs should be given in the end of bibliographic reference.
References in English (APA Style) should contain the author’s surname and initials, year of publication, title of the work, place of publication, publisher. Title of a book should be given in italics.
Articles in scientific journals, collections, or works published in continuing series should contain the author’s surname and initials, year of publication, title of the article, title of the journal or series, volume and number for journals / place of publication and publisher for collection, number of pages or page numbers, electronic address, and access date (if any). Title of the journal, collection or series should be given in italic.
All information on Russian works should be transliterated to English in correspondence with transliteration rules bgn-pcgn (you can use automatic transliteration https://www.translitteration.com/transliteration/en/russian/bgn-pcgn/). The place of publication should be given in full. The title of a book, report, or article should be transliterated and translated (translation should be given in square brackets).